1 June 2022
From the private to the professional sphere, everyone is “many things” at the same time. Knowing how to see the different identity dimensions in oneself and in others and taking care of those differences makes people more effective and reduces the fatigue of managing everyday complexity.
As scientifically demonstrated through Lifeed programmes, in the multiple roles of everyone’s life, skills are trained that are also useful for business. However, only by taking care of oneself and other people can hidden talents emerge and a new model of “caring leadership” be developed.
Caring is therefore a driver of inclusion, well-being and talent development for individuals and companies that aim to improve the well-being of their people and promote Diversity within the organisation.
It is only by feeling recognised in their entirety rather than partially as mere professionals that people can also thrive in the workplace, where they use only 30% of their abilities while the other 70% emerges in personal and family roles.
For the world of work, this figure represents a daily waste of talent.
However, as Lifeed is able to scientifically demonstrate through its method and technology, all private life experiences (from parenting to caregiving) are an opportunity to develop skills that are transferable to the professional sphere and represent a very real training ground for those soft skills that are so useful in all our life roles.
For companies, there is an improvement in what Lifeed has defined as the “Diverse Talent Index”, which measures the percentage of overall available talent that is used in the workplace.
Therefore, companies today have an opportunity to look at their employees in a new way, following the logic of the “whole self” that considers people in their entirety, in order to bring out their talents and promote inclusion and well-being through caring.
DO YOU WANT TO FIND OUT HOW TO TRANSFORM CARING INTO A STRATEGIC ASSET? DOWNLOAD THE WHITEPAPER